Saturday, February 28, 2009

What's next?

This is our neighbor Denny, painting the shop. He painted the house yesterday. The trim is not done yet, but I think it looks great already. It's a big change from white.
Azayda is always playing peek-a-boo with us. I thinks it's her favorite thing to do right now.





Some of you may already know, but the cat has totally been released from the bag.
We are MOVING! To CONNECTICUT! In 3 WEEKS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Jake got a new job working for the same guy that his Dad is working for. Tom Tinney. He buys gold and coins and he needs managers that are trustworthy and that don't steal from him. So he met with Jake after a recommendation from Jakes Dad and the guy really liked him. Jake has been a manager for Lincare for the past 5 1/2 years. A good one, I might add. But he is getting kind of bored working for Lincare. He's been with them for almost 11 years. Time for a change.
I don't think we thought the change would be such a big one, but it just happened that way.
The moving truck comes on March 23rd and we are out of here on the 25th!
The house is for sale if anyone is interested. $244,000. Totally updated. New everything. Giant shop. Great neighbors. Cul-de-sac. Lynden schools. Ferndale address(county). 3 bedrooms plus a TV room and an office. 1 bathroom (sorry). But there is room to add on! (which is what we would have done if we were to stay).
We are praying that it sells very soon. So if you know anyone that's looking, let them know.
We are very sad to leave, on one hand, but on the other, we are really excited for something new and also to be next to family. The kids are so happy they will have a Grandma and Grandpa around.
We love this area so much. The big PLAN is to someday come back and open our own business. We don't know when or how, but that is the PLAN.
So now you all know our BIG "secret". If I have been acting weird or a little stressed, this is why. Thanks for all of your friendship and support. We LOVE you all!







11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I already knew, but I'll publicly say CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! March 23 is Tawni's b-day, by then way :( You have been a little stressed :) But it will all work out great for you guys! What a fun adventure to live back east! And the house looks really good in a dark color.
We wish you the best! And let us know if we can help out in any way!

Kay said...

Wow, I didn't see that coming! Well, now that the wedding is over, I can help you out. In another week, when I catch up on sleep! :)

JenM. said...

It makes me sad to picture Lynden without the Rands (but then, it still makes me sad to picture it without the Millers, too!)

On the other hand, I am glad that you are moving "closer" to us! Maybe we can meet at DisneyWorld sometime!

soccer mom said...

Wow! You guys can sure hold a secret! That is so weird no more Lincare for Dave & now Jake! I'm so happy for you! I hope we can visit someday, I've always wanted to go to Connecticut. oh ya what city?

take care, sasha

Musicmom-Amy said...

Now that it's out to the general public ~ bbboooooooooo!!! Lynden just won't be the same without the Rand's. And it hasn't been the same without the Miller's either. Or the Hollander's. But at least we know THEY are coming back ;D Hope you'll rememebr to visit.

Alana said...

What a shock! Of, course down here we had no clue and we are very happy for you but will miss you guys terribly. Madison is very emotional lately and when I told her that Dante is moving away she began to cry. She says "But I like to play with Dante!" Thank goodness for blogger. It feels lonely already picturing your street knowing you guys won't be there when we get back. : ( Hope everything works out the way you hope. I hear Connecticut is beautiful. What city are you going to be the way?

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so exciting I love moving and starting over somewhere new!! we will miss you tons but I am very happy for your family.

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

This is sad news to us as well... All our friends are moving awayyyyy! But if I had the chance to move away right now I WOULD in a heartbeat!!! Well to the Ocean anyway...lol... I hope that your house sells quickly and that it ends up being all you hope for and more...though we'll sure miss you guys! :(

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

This is sad news to us as well... All our friends are moving awayyyyy! But if I had the chance to move away right now I WOULD in a heartbeat!!! Well to the Ocean anyway...lol... I hope that your house sells quickly and that it ends up being all you hope for and more...though we'll sure miss you guys! :(

Jennifer said...

We actually have no idea where we will be living yet! But, it may be somewhere near Manchester or Hartford, CT. Still looking.

Jenni said...

Congratulations and good luck!