First day of school! This was after school because in my excitement to get rid of the kids for the day, :) I for got to take their pictures in the morning!!!! They love school! Even though Dante has already gotten in trouble twice with the principal :) First he hit a little boy for not giving him enough space at the table in the lunch room and he hit the same little boy in the eye with a rubberband later that day. Needless to say, I got a call from the principal and she had Dante tell me what happened over speaker phone with the 2 of them and the lady that witnessed the lunch room incident. They told him they were taking away one of his lunchtime recesses, and he said "I don't care, I don't like recess anyway". So for punishment from mom and dad he got grounded from the computer for 1 week, 1 week with a 1/2 hour of community service (which means house work), and for sassing the principal he got his mouth washed out with soap!
Second, we found out this morning that he has been stealing milk during lunch which I sort of blame myself for because I haven't been giving him milk money or a water bottle each day. He takes a cup to school everyday for snack time and I just assumed that he could use it for lunch time too. But I guess he didn't think that was fair since the other kids got to drink milk. He claims to only have done it 2 times but there was no way of knowing for sure. So as punishment for this offense we had him take enough money out of his own piggy bank to cover 2 weeks worth of milks and I went with him to the principals office this morning to let him confess.
Now I don't want you all thinking that Dante is this terrible trouble maker that will turn into a bully and a thief. I personally believe that he is just testing everything and everyone to find out where the boundaries are. And he is getting very smart very quick :)
We love our little Dante boy!!!!!!
4 comments:
Oh, all these photos make me miss your family even more! Looks like the kids are having fun, and Yikes Liam will be like Dante in school... I'm already expecting that...P.S. Love the flower photo :)
Oh Dante... Love the pictures!
oh Azayda how I miss your cute nose wrinkle :)
Schooltime! I love it (and feel guilty admitting it.) Foster had a tough beginning of the school-year last year, too. Once he had two weeks under his belt, he figured out how things worked and had very little conduct related problems.
Good luck with your little criminal!
Cute pics!
Post a Comment